Record a slide presentation with audio voiceover, supported by 8-12-slides, for one of the stakeholder groups identified in your Assessment 2 Policy Proposal, which addresses current performance shortfalls, the reasons why new policy and practice guidelines are needed to eliminate those shortfalls, and how the group’s work will benefit from the changes.
It is important that health care leaders be able to clearly articulate policy positions and recommendations and garner buy-in and support from stakeholder groups for policy and practice changes in their organizations. Unfortunately, effective communication is often lacking. Consequently, it is important for health care leaders, when leading change, to ensure that clear and open communication is ongoing and informative.
An important aspect of change leadership is the ability to address diverse groups of stakeholders and create buy-in and support for your ideas and proposals for change. This assessment provides you with an opportunity to demonstrate and hone these skills.
Record a slide presentation, with audio voiceover, for one of the stakeholder groups you identified in your Assessment 2 Policy Proposal. Inform the group of current performance shortfalls, introduce the proposed policy, explain why the policy is needed, and present policy-driven practice guidelines to resolve the performance issue. You must also obtain buy-in from the group by explaining the positive effects of the policy and practice guidelines on their work.
Note: Remember that you can submit all, or a portion of, your draft presentation to Smarthinking for feedback, before you submit the final version for this assessment. If you plan on using this free service, be mindful of the turnaround time of 24–48 hours for receiving feedback.
The presentation requirements outlined below correspond to the scoring guide criteria, so be sure to address each main point. Read the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed. In addition, be sure to note the requirements for presentation format and length and for supporting evidence.
- Summarize your proposed organizational policy and practice guidelines.
- Identify applicable local, state, or federal health care policy or law that prescribes relevant performance benchmarks that your policy proposal addresses.
- Keep your audience in mind when creating this summary.
- Interpret, for stakeholders, the relevant benchmark metrics that illustrate the need for the proposed policy and practice guidelines.
- Make sure this is a brief review of the evaluation you completed in your Assessment 1 Dashboard Benchmark Evaluation.
- Make sure you are interpreting the dashboard metrics in a way that is understandable and meaningful to the stakeholders to whom you are presenting.
- Explain how your proposed policy and practice guidelines will affect how the stakeholder group does its work.
- How might your proposal alter certain tasks or how the stakeholder group performs them?
- How might your proposal affect the stakeholder group’s workload?
- How might your proposal alter the responsibilities of the stakeholder group?
- How might your proposal improve working conditions for the stakeholder group?
- Explain how your proposed policy and practice guidelines will improve quality and outcomes for the stakeholder group.
- How are your proposed changes going to improve the quality of the stakeholder group’s work?
- How will these improvements enable the stakeholder group to be more successful?
- What evidence supports your conclusions or presents alternative perspectives?
- Present strategies for collaborating with the stakeholder group to implement your proposed policy and practice guidelines.
- What role will the stakeholder group play in implementing your proposal?
- Why is the stakeholder group and their collaboration important for successful implementation?
- Deliver a persuasive, coherent, and effective audiovisual presentation.
- Address the anticipated needs and concerns of your audience.
- Stay focused on key policy provisions and the impact of practice guidelines on the group.
- Adhere to presentation best practices.
- Proofread your presentation slides to minimize errors that could distract the audience and make it more difficult for them to focus on the substance of your proposed policy and practice guidelines.
Example Assessment: You may use the following to give you an idea of what a Proficient or higher rating on the scoring guide would look like:
- Assessment 3 Example [PDF].
Presentation Format and Length
You may use Microsoft PowerPoint or other suitable presentation software to create your slides. If you elect to use an application other than PowerPoint, check with your faculty to avoid potential file compatibility issues.
If using PowerPoint to create your presentation slides, you may use the following presentation as a template.
- SoNHS Professional Presentation Guidelines [PPTX].
Be sure your slide deck includes the following slides:
- Title slide.
- Presentation title.
- Your name.
- Course number and title.
- References (at the end of your presentation). Apply current APA formatting to all citations and references.
Your slide deck should consist of 8–12 slides, not including a title and references slide.
Note: If you have technical difficulties in recording your audio, you may, in place of the audio, provide a complete script of what you intended to say in the notes section of each slide. If you require the use of assistive technology or alternative communication methods to participate in this activity, please contact ePortfolio.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze relevant health care laws, policies, and regulations; their application; and their effects on organizations, interprofessional teams, and professional practice.
- Explain how a proposed policy and practice guidelines will affect how a stakeholder group does its work.
- Competency 2: Lead the development and implementation of ethical and culturally sensitive policies that improve health outcomes for individuals, organizations, and populations.
- Summarize a proposed organizational policy and practice guidelines.
- Explain how a proposed policy and practice guidelines will improve quality and outcomes for a stakeholder group.
- Competency 3: Evaluate relevant indicators of performance, such as benchmarks, research, and best practices, to inform health care laws and policies for patients, organizations, and populations.
- Interpret, for stakeholders, the relevant benchmark metrics that illustrate the need for a proposed policy and practice guidelines.
- Competency 4: Develop strategies to work collaboratively with policy makers, stakeholders, and colleagues to address environmental (governmental and regulatory) forces.
- Present strategies for collaborating with a stakeholder group to implement a proposed policy and practice guidelines.
- Deliver a persuasive, coherent, and effective audiovisual presentation.
Welcome to one of the bestassignmenthelpcompanies online .
· Do you want to order for a customized assignment help task?
· Click on the order now button
· Set up your topic, Fix the number of pages, Fix your Order instructions
· Set up your deadline, upload the necessary files required to complete the task, Complete the payment.
We delivery high quality and non plagiarized tasks within the stipulated time given