Learning Goal: I’m working on a statistics writing question and need support to help me learn.
Based on the statistical tests in this course, this assignment requires you to write a description of a potential research project using the following scenario.
Scenario: Imagine you are a Math Committee Review member at the local elementary school. You have been asked to review a curriculum change for 5th graders in math.
In 1,250-1,500 words, address the following prompts based on the above scenario:
- Include a brief background of the problem and why it is important. From this information, identify a clearly written research question.
- State the null and alternative hypothesis (in both words and statistical notation) needed to address the research question.
- Describe the type of data needing to be collected and the techniques you would use.
- Choose which statistical test you would use to conduct the study. Support your method with research.
- How might you report your findings? Explain the potential ethical dilemmas.
Use three to five scholarly resources to defend this proposal.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.