1) what does “de-familiarizing the familiar” mean, and why adopt this technique?
2) what were the main things you learned by employing the technique of “de-familiarizing the familiar” in your participant observation?
3) what were some unexpected questions that came out from this experience?
4) how do you make sense of these findings & questions? What readings/lectures/class discussions can you draw from to make sense of your participant observation?
5) how would you evaluate your “de-familiarizing the familiar” experience? Was it different from what you had expected? How so? (i.e., what new insights did you gain from this experience)