1 Description of the pathology
2 Normal anatomy of major body system affected
3 Normal physiology of body system affected
4 Mechanism of pathophysiology
The student will be required to complete criteria 1-7 in a written paper.
The paper is required to be 5 pages long not including the title and reference pages.
A minimum of three APA-style references must be included in the paper. There should be an APA-format references page at the end of the presentation. Additionally, in-text citations should be included when appropriate. Reputable resources include peer-reviewed journal articles, textbooks, interviews with clinicians who deal with these pathologies on a daily basis, personal experiences, class lectures, and other scientific sources.
The student should use a font size of 12, Times New Roman, and double-spaced throughout. The paper should be written with the text aligned to the left margin with 1” margins.
Any copying of information from another source without giving proper credit through a citation will be considered plagiarism. In line with this, however, the entire presentation should not be directly copied from other sources. The student is expected to compose ideas in their own words, and only use text from other sources as a minor supplement.
- Description of the pathology: Provide a comprehensive introductory section of the condition in 1-2 paragraphs.
- Normal Anatomy of body system: Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of fundamental concepts of normal anatomy of the body system throughout 100% of the project. Can accurately interpret and communicate information using scientific vocabulary consistently throughout the assignment.
- Normal Physiology of body system: Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of fundamental concepts of normal physiology of the body system throughout the project. Can accurately interpret and communicate information using scientific vocabulary consistently throughout the assignment.
- Mechanism of Pathophysiology: Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the underlying anatomical and physiological changes contributing to the disease. The overall paper shows a depth understudying of the disease consistent with collegiate level research on the topic.
- Prevention: Provide a comprehensive section outlining possible prevention protocols or clearly indicates if none is available for the condition based on current scientific literature.
- Treatment: Provide a comprehensive section outlining possible treatment protocols for the condition based on current scientific literature.
- Paper Formatting & Overall Presentation: Overall presentation is 100% complete, follows APA formatting guidelines, demonstrates scholarly achievement and utilizes appropriate grammar and sentence structure throughout.
- References & In-text Citations: At least 3 sources have been referenced, references are from reputable sources, and proper APA format was used, both for in text citation and for the reference section, with no inaccuracies in APA formatting.