In addition to evaluating the credibility of sources, it is important to evaluate articles by reading critically. Reading critically involves drilling deeper into the subject matter, going beyond the written text to contextualize, question, and reflect upon what you’ve just read. For this assignment, find four articles total from peer reviewed journals: Two articles from the CSU Global Library, and two articles from sources outside of the library. At least one article should be from outside the U.S. All articles should relate to the topic and purpose you’ve identified for your Final Portfolio Project. For each article, address the following:
- What is the general topic and main issue or problem?
- What are the author’s statements based on?
- What conclusions are reached and how?
- Identify 5-6 key words that resonate throughout the article. Are those words objective, subjective, or emotional? Explain your reasoning.
- Reflect on the article’s suitability for use in your final Portfolio Project.
Your paper must include the following:
- An abstract
- An academic introduction that states the thesis
- A body with APA Level 1 headings and Level 2 subheadings
- An academic conclusion
- A reference page
The presentation should:
- Include 8-10, slides not including title slide or reference slide.
- Employ PowerPoint, Prezi, or Slide Rocket.
- Provide comprehensive notes.
- Conform to the
- Include a minimum of four scholarly sources.
- Include in-text citations and a references slide as required by APA and illustrated in the . You may use the Template to format your presentation.
- Adhere to the standards laid out in the rubric, which can be found in the assignment.