Learning Goal: I’m working on a computer science multi-part question and need the explanation and answer to help me learn.
You have been called back by the CISO to report your findings and pursue the next steps of your investigation. During your investigation it was discovered that the estranged husband of the CEOs executive staff assistant had compromised her system’s account, which allowed him to access confidential documents including other employees’ personally identifiable information. You have completed your forensics investigation and documented the findings in an incident report, and continue to maintain and secure evidence in the pursuit of criminal and civil charges.
With the information ascertained during your investigation, and utilizing knowledge of network architectures and standards relevant to network investigations, write a 35 page paper responding to the points listed below. You may utilize the resources from your study this week to analyze appropriate U.S. Supreme Court cases, federal laws, and federal statutes.
- Analyze at least three of the significant U.S. Supreme Court cases focusing on digital crime and evidence. To support your work, reference the federal laws that were violated and the basis for the case (that is, summarize the case).
- Analyze at least three federal statutes governing electronic surveillance in a communications network that can be applied to this case. To support your work, refer to the statutes listed in the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA).
- Summarize the roles and responses of federal law enforcement agencies and any interagency partnerships concerning cybercrimes.
- Describe at least three factors that have limited the efforts of local law enforcement to identify and investigate cybercrime.
- Provide three sources to support your writing in addition to the textbook. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and valid. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.