The economic environment comprises of economic factors, such as employment, income, inflation, interest rates, productivity, and wealth, which influence the buying behavior of consumers and firms. This week you will analyze the economic environment of both your domestic and global countries for your chosen “Worst” company. In this case, the chosen company is TESLA.
Continue working with your chosen worst company and its industry and write a paper covering the following:
- Using your chosen company’s domestic environment identify its economic environment and compare and contrast it with your selected global economic environment using Rostow and Galbraith (see BOLDED references below).
- Use at least 4 references from provided information below for the research paper.
- Rostows Economic Development http://friedmand.people.cofc.edu/Rostow%20Development%20Model%201960.pdf
- Galbraith and Economics: http://economistsview.typepad.com/economistsview/2006/04/john_kenneth_ga.html
- The Leontief Paradox: http://www2.econ.iastate.edu/classes/econ355/choi/leo.htm
- Michael Porters Five Forces Model: http://www.businessballs.com/portersfiveforcesofcompetition.htm
- Borg, A. (2015, December 23). 6 factors shaping the global economy in 2016. World Economic Forum.
- Gailbraith, J. (2020, May 12). We need a radically different model to tackle the COVID-19 crisis. Defend Democracy Press.
- Jacobs, J. (2020, February 11). Rostow’s stages of growth development model. ThoughtCo.
- John Kenneth Galbraith: His ideas continue to resonate in a post-9/11 world. (2005, November 21). Knowledge at Wharton. U. of Penn.
- Puchein, J. (2018, October 14). Rostow model. [Video File.] YouTube. [3.49 min. – Transcript provided.]