Purpose: To provide an opportunity for students to analyze the health issues of a community and suggest a policy to improve the health status of its citizens.
Instructions: Examine a healthcare policy, finance policy or regulatory policy from an agency. Consider the stakeholders, community support and resources available in the organization.
1. Who was the intended target population for this policy?
2. How was this policy intended to improve the quality of care for patients?
3. Is this policy improving the quality of care for the targeted population?
4. How could this policy be revised or integrated in the intended setting so that it impacts the targeted population?
5. Are there additional resource needs or stakeholder involvement?
Students are to answer all questions listed.