Please select one of the areas below and write a research essay of 2-4 pages.
1. Anthropology as a social science discipline.
2. History and Origins of Modern society.
3. Geography and society.
4. Psychology and Society.
5. Sociology and Social Institutions.
6. Economics and society.
7. Politics and society.
8. And any other topic dealing with Social Science field, but you must first confirm with me before you write the essay.
In preparing your essay, you should take the following steps:
Read the DIRECTIONS and the TOPIC carefully.
Plan your essay before you write. Prepare an outline and indicate what is the problem or topic you wish to investigate. How will you approach this research? Why is this of interest to you and why should we (readers) be interested in this topic.
Here you say what you will be doing in the remainder of the project, so define carefully your interests and the limitations (scope) of your essay. Always remember to keep the project focused on the topic you are writing about.
Body of your original research or case studies:
Your actual research project will vary widely depending on the topic and on your approach to the topic. You should indicate in this section some of the major works that have been done on this subject you are writing about. You should basically lay out a narrative of what has been written about this topic.
You should compare what different researchers and writers have to say about the topic. Please identify and cite all sources that you found particularly interesting and useful for this essay. Make sure you try to verify the reliability and quality of your sources you are using for this project.
Please discuss essay topic with me before you start writing it.
. Before you turn in your essay, reread what you have written and make any changes that will improve your essay.
Your essay is due in the week of December 05 09, 2022.
Break down of some suggested research topics in each area of the Social Science disciplines we will cover in the course.
1. Harassment and Bullying on Social Media
2. Does Social Media Make Us Lonely?
3. Can excessive use of social media contribute to addictive behaviors (drugs, tobacco, alcohol) or mental health issues?
4. Marriage, Family and Relationships.
5. Divorce and its effects on the children. Should we reform laws to make it harder to get a divorce?
6. Fatherhood, Housework and Gender Equality
7. Foster care system.
8. Interracial Marriage
9. Domestic Abuse in society.
10. Discrimination against Disabled people.
11. LGBT rights in society.
12. Spirituality and religion.
13. Online dating.
14. Equal pay.
15. Black Lives Matter.
16. How does advertising perpetuate gender and/or racial stereotypes?
17. Is feminism still relevant? How do young women view feminism?
18. Should we legalize the sale of human organs?
19. Should it be illegal to use animals for sports and entertainment?
20. Should the state or federal government put laws into place to prevent bullying?
1. Gender roles in society.
2. Clothing/costume in society.
3. Cultural assimilation.
1. Internet addiction.
2. Peer pressure.
3. Sexual assault victims.
5. Emotional Abuse.
6. Causes of eating disorders in young women, and societys portrayal/control of womens body.
7. Father daughter relationship
8. Adolescent Depression
9. Adolescent Substance Abuse.
10. Socioemotional Development.
1. Should the federal government be allowed to regulate information on the Internet?
2. Should stay-at-home moms get a salary from the government?
3. Should the government be allowed to wiretap without permission?
4. Can terrorism ever be justified?
5. Should women be priests, pastors, ministers, Imams and rabbis?