- The following data represent the numbers of Internet users per 100 people and numbers of Nobel Laureates per 10 million people for different countries.
Table 2 – Number of Internet Users and Nobel Laureates
- Find the linear correlation coefficient by hand. Use the table below to guide you.
Table 3 – Guided Correlation Calculation
Finish the calculation here:
- Find and interpret the linear correlation coefficient using your calculator.
- Find and interpret the coefficient of determination.
- Is there sufficient evidence to support a claim that there is a linear correlation between the number of internet users and the number of Nobel Laureates? Why does your result make sense?