You are in a leadership role as the director of product development at UTXL, a consumer products company. You are tasked by the CEO of UTXL with changing the company from a profits-only driven company to one that prides itself on producing quality products addressing customers’ preferences. The latter is a huge change, as the existing mindset of this company is to produce record profits every quarter above all else. But since UTXL’s competitors have focused on their customers, your company has begun to lose market share. As the leader of this task, you want to start by retraining the workforce to focus on product quality. However, the sales division is resisting this effort because sales bonuses are primarily based on company profits. The CEO and marketing, on the other hand, consider this change necessary for the survival of the company and want the training to start right away.
• Review Exhibit 15.9 from your textbook. (attachment Chapter 15)
• Provide the goals for this project the CEO has tasked you with.
• Based on the information provided in this scenario, draft a persuasive essay that identifies what you believe will be the four most effective ways one might manage resistance to change in implementing the new training program.
• Prepare an implementation plan using the four change management methods you identified, prioritizing the steps needed to manage the resistance to change.
• Explain your choice of each tactic and how it is most appropriate in this circumstance.
• The paper must include an introduction and conclusion and be at least two double-spaced pages in length, using 11-point Georgia font.
Managing Resistance to Change
Competency- Provides the goals for the scenario project they have been tasked with by the CEO. Based on the information provided in this scenario, identifies what they believe will be the four most effective ways one might manage resistance to change in implementing the new training program. (See Exhibit 15.9)
Prepares an implementation plan using the four change management methods they identified. Prioritizes the steps needed to manage the resistance to change.
Resistance Tactics- Explains their choice of the four change resistance tactics they identified in relation to the scenario.
Explains the effect of implementing their resistance to change tactics and how their resistance tactics will help the CEO reach the goals they specified.
The assessment should be submitted as a Microsoft® Word® document (.doc or .docx). Your submission should include a title page, introduction, main body, conclusion, and reference list. The assessment should be double-spaced, 11-point Georgia font, and no less than 1500 words, not including title page and reference list. Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your paper should be highly organized, logical, and focused. The paper must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics. The paper should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose. Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful.Your submission must include a minimum of two references. Your sources and content should follow current APA format and citation style.