Learning Goal: I’m working on a macro economics question and need the explanation and answer to help me learn.
What should we do about the public debt? In this weeks lecture and readings, we cover how the public debt was defined and why it has been growing. What to do about government deficit and the public debut is hotly debated. As you have learned, there are two general approaches to reduce a budget deficit:
- Increase government revenues taxes
- Reduce government spending
In this discussion we will debate cutting government spending. Begin by going to the and review the long list of potential spending cuts and tax increases.
- From the web site above, select one of the proposed changes and defend why it should be implemented using facts and sound economic concepts.
- No two initial posts can address the same spending cut (tax change).
- Ensure in the subject line of your discussion post to list the option you chose.