Discussion Board Question [Option 1]
Neurotransmitters are the chemicals responsible for the transmission of all neuronal messages in the body. In an effort to always achieve homeostasis, the body can down-regulate or decrease the number of neurotransmitter receptor sites or maintain balance through re-uptake. What is re-uptake and how does this mechanism of action allow for selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and serotonin-norepinephrine re-uptake inhibitors (SNRIs) to mitigate symptoms of unipolar depression? Use your textbook and other required readings located in the Resources folder to support your claims. Indicate which option you are choosing at the start of the post.
Discussion Board Question [Option 2]
Another equally important role in maintaining homeostasis is played by enzymes, specifically monamine oxidase. Explain the role of monamine oxidase and why a monamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) would be a useful psychotropic medication. What influence do tyramine-containing foods have on MAOIs and why should clients taking MAOIs pay specific attention to their diet/type of foods consumed? Use your textbook and other required readings located in the Resources folder to support your claims. Indicate which option you are choosing at the start of the post.
Discussion Board Question [Option 3]
ECT, or electro convulsive therapy, has been found to be effective in the treatment of atypical depression. Other treatments, such as transcranial direct-current stimulation (tDCS), have also proved promising in combination with an SSRI medication in the treatment of treatment-resistant depressive symptoms. Describe the differences between ECT and tDCS. Why, despite demonstration of effectiveness, are more patients with severe treatment-resistant depression not given information on convulsive therapies by treating physicians? What are the side effects pertaining to both types of treatment and what are clinician considerations when working with clients who have had ECT/tDCS or are considering such a treatment? Use your textbook and other required readings located in the Resources folder to support your claims. Indicate which option you are choosing at the start of the post.
Discussion Board Activity [Option 4]
One major concern when working with clients who have depressive symptoms and affective disorders is the potential for suicide ideation, with higher risk in youth and young adults under the age of 25. While anti-depressant medications are used to treat depressive symptoms and lower the risk of suicide, some medications cause an increase in suicide ideation. Another concern is the use of prescribe antidepressants as a means of suicide via self-poisoning. What are the gender differences of those with affective disorders (depressive disorders vs. bipolar and related disorders) in suicide attempts and completed suicide using antidepressant medications? What socio-demographic characteristics play a role and why is this important for clinicians/therapists to be aware of? Use the required readings located in the Resources folder to support your claims. Indicate which option you are choosing at the start of the post.
Diverse Learner Discussion Board Content Response Options
1) Standard written discussion board thread (500 words in content; supported by at least 1 credible source in addition to the textbook).
2) Create a PowerPoint or Prezi Presentation of at least 10 slides or 500 words content (not including title slide or references slide) that covers your selection. If you choose this option, be mindful that images should be used to enhance the visual content of this assignment, but know that images cannot replace content (only enhance content). In other words, slides that are mostly images or only images will not be counted toward the overall slide requirement. All presentations must include in-text citations on each slide and a references.
3) Create some kind of animation (PowToon, etc.) of at least five (5) minutes in length that thoroughly discusses your selection.
4) Create a video of at least five (5) minutes in length that thoroughly discusses your selection.
Welcome to one of the best assignments to help companies online .
· Do you want to order for a customized assignment help task?
· Click on the order now button
· Set up your topic, Fix the number of pages, Fix your Order instructions
· Set up your deadline, upload the necessary files required to complete the task, Complete the payment.
We delivery high quality and non plagiarized tasks within the stipulated time given