For this assignment, you will create a PICO(T) question based on the scenario presented in the discussion board. Your paper should be in APA 7th edition format, including title page and reference page. Address the following:
- PARAGRAPH 1: Begin your paper with an introduction to your PICOT topic. This can be any clinical issue you choose-Heart failure and the use of home health care to decrease hospitalizations
- Indicate what you will address in the rest of your paper (introductory statement)
- Describe your topic
- Describe its significance (this may include statistics on the problem, complications, etc.)
- Essentially, explain WHY your problem needs to be addressed
- PARAGRAPH 2, FIRST SENTENCE -Determine an appropriate PICO(T) question for addressing. Write your PICO(T) in correct question format. INTERVENTION PICO(T) only. Do not use other types of PICO(T)s.
- PARAGRAPH 2, In your text,
- describe your population/patient (consider age, disease/condition, gender or biological sex, etc.)
- describe the main intervention (the drug or other treatment you propose) AND the comparison (the main alternative to your drug/treatment intervention -the alternative could be NO treatment)
- describe what your outcome (reduced complication – be specific; improved memory; reduced anxiety, etc.) – Whatever the outcome may be, but it must be specific and measurable. You cannot measure “improvement” or “reduced complications”. Be SPECIFIC.
- PARAGRAPH 3: Identify and explain 2 facilitators and 2 barriers to implementing the practice you propose in your PICO(T) (What helps/what hinders?)
- PARAGRAPH 4: Conclusion: Summarize your paper
Develop a clinical question using proper PICO(T) format
Explain the components of a PICO(T) question
Identify facilitators and barriers to implementing a specific EBP practice
Minimum of three (3) total references: one (1) reference from required course materials and two (2) peer-reviewed references. All references must be no older than five years (unless making a specific point using a seminal piece of information).
References should support the reasoning behind the PICOT, the problem or the intervention.
Peer-reviewed references include references from professional data bases such as PubMed or CINHAL applicable to population and practice area, along with evidence based clinical practice guidelines.
**Examples of unacceptable references are Wikipedia, UpToDate, Epocrates, Medscape, WebMD, hospital organizations, insurance recommendations, & secondary clinical databases.
Unless otherwise specified, all the written assignment must follow APA 7th edition formatting, citations, and references. Make sure you cross-reference the APA 7th edition manual as well before submitting the assignment.
Number of Pages/Words
Unless otherwise specified all papers should be between 500-600 words excluding the title and reference pages. Use size 12, Arial or Times New Roman font. Do not exceed 3 pages of text (excluding title and reference page)