Interpersonal relationships impact every area of our lives. Our ability to relate influences the paths we take. As we conclude this course and prepare for the Final Assignment, your focus is to pull everything we have discussed together. Just as we cannot isolate one aspect of the Lord from another, we cannot separate one aspect of our relationships from another.
Let’s look back to the course student learning outcomes found in the “welcome” section:
- Identify how healthy and unhealthy boundaries are influenced by masks, family of origin, and our relationship with the Lord.
- Apply essential skills in meaningful communication.
- Construct methods to implement conflict resolution.
- Analyze the value of deeper connections when considering the role of chemistry and its impact upon mate selection.
- Compare and contrast personal needs, values, and beliefs and how they are impacted by family of origin.
- Integrate a deeper relationship with others by deepening ones relationship with God.
Using resources from two academic journal articles, the text, class readings, Scripture, and personal experience, write a paper discussing what you have discovered about interpersonal relationships.
- Evaluate the steps you took to analyze your relationships and to recognize the impact of your family of origin; include some of your findings. Show your findings of how to differentiate between healthy and unhealthy relationships.
- Discuss practical ways you will use what you learned about communication to impact current and future relationships.
- Describe how your relationship with the Lord impacts all other relationships and the steps you can take to improve upon that relationship.
- Share how you will use your biblical worldview and understanding of God’s commands to treat one another and to grow in your interpersonal relationships.
Your paper must be:
- 6-8 pages in length (not including the cover page and reference page).
- Written in Word using APA format. It should include the following:
- A cover page.
- Assignment written in an APA approved font and size, double spaced.
- In-text citations to support main points.
- A reference page with full APA references for each in-text citation used for support.
- Note: For more specific APA information, please refer to the APA Requirements module located in the left sidebar.
- Supported by a minimum of five scholarly sources in addition to your textbook and course resources. The is one place for locating these resources:
- Supported by Scripture.