Prevent Cancer Foundation PSA (Public Service Announcement):
Do you know how to reduce your risk for cancer? Nearly half of all cancer cases and deaths are preventable. By learning your family history, living a healthy lifestyle and getting timely screenings, you can help prevent cancer.
- Watch the attached video and answer all of the following questions.
- What are some key messages in mostPSAs?
- How is the message communicated in this particular PSA?
- How effective do you think the campaign was in changing beliefs, attitudes or behaviors? Give specific and detailed examples.
- What additional public relations strategies can be used to raise public awareness or affect behavior? You may use details in your text. Be specific with your answer.
- Post your response to the discussion
- Reply to at least two (2) students and give a detailed response to their comments
BONUS QUESTION – 5 Extra Credit Points
Directions: Answer the questions below with specific examples and details. Make sure to attribute any resources you’ve utilized. This bonus question, if answered entirely and correctly, is worth 5 extra points.
- What are two (2) main differences between a televised PSA and televised commercial? Explain and give specific examples.
- Choose one (1) of these statements and explain why:
- PSAs are more effective than ads
- Ads are more effective than PSAs
- PSAs and ads are equally effective