Find and read the paper that is referenced below. If you go through our Library, and use the PSYCINFO catalog, you can access the full pdf. Our library will direct you to an EBSCO interface for PSYCINFO. You can do this many ways, but I was successful in entering "Social perception and interpersonal behavior" in one search field and "Snyder" in the Author field.
Once you obtain and read the paper, write a 1-3 page response, answering the following (one or two sentences should suffice for most of the items):
- What is the theoretical framework for the work?
- What are the hypotheses?
- What are the Independent Variables, and how are they manipulated?
- What are the Dependent Variables, and how are they measured?
- What are the major findings?
- What would be a good next step, to follow up on the findings?
Snyder,M., Tanke, E. D., & Berscheid, E. (1977). Social perception and interpersonal behavior: On the self-fulfilling nature of social stereotypes. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 35, 656-666.