The goal of your Signature Assignment is to show that you can compute properties of solutions and analyze and interpret data. You will create a presentation that shows the process of going through an acid/base titration like you would if you were in a physical lab.
For the presentation:
You will prepare a sample of an unknown acid to titrate using a known concentration of base. You will set-up a burette filled with a known concentration of base and use proper titration techniques to reach an end-point to the titration. You will then calculate the concentration of the unknown acid on your own.
For Part I:
- Create a presentation (4-6 slides) that covers the lab scenario above.
- Include your thoughts on why understanding acid/base titration is important to your future career, and how you will use this concept as you complete your degree.
- Your presentation must consist of more than merely a series of bullet points to earn full credit.
- Use the Notes section for each slide to fully explain your answers.
For Part II:
- Your instructor will provide guidance and examples for completing calculations for titration.