Your essay is due in the week of December 05 09, 2022. Break down of some suggested research topics in each area of the Social Science disciplines we will cover in the course. Sociology
Topics: 1. Harassment and Bullying on Social Media
2. Does Social Media Make Us Lonely?
3. Can excessive use of social media contribute to addictive behaviors (drugs, tobacco, alcohol) or mental health issues? 4. Marriage, Family and Relationships.
5. Divorce and its effects on the children. Should we reform laws to make it harder to get a divorce?
6. Fatherhood, Housework and Gender Equality 7. Foster care system. 8. Interracial Marriage
9. Domestic Abuse in society. 10. Discrimination against Disabled people. 11. LGBT rights in society. 12. Spirituality and religion. 13. Online dating. 14. Equal pay. 15. Black Lives Matter. 16. How does advertising perpetuate gender and/or racial stereotypes? 17. Is feminism still relevant?
How do young women view feminism? 18. Should we legalize the sale of human organs? 19. Should it be illegal to use animals for sports and entertainment? 20. Should the state or federal government put laws into place to prevent bullying? Anthropology
Topics: 1. Gender roles in society. 2. Clothing/costume in society. 3. Cultural assimilation. 4. Psychology
Topics: 1. Internet addiction. 2. Peer pressure. 3. Sexual assault victims. 4. Self-esteem. 5. Emotional Abuse. 6. Causes of eating disorders in young women, and societys portrayal/control of womens body.
7. Father daughter relationship 8. Adolescent Depression 9. Adolescent Substance Abuse. 10. Socioemotional Development. Politics:
1. Should the federal government be allowed to regulate information on the Internet?
2. Should stay-at-home moms get a salary from the government?
3. Should the government be allowed to wiretap without permission?
4. Can terrorism ever be justified?
5. Should women be priests, pastors, ministers, Imams and rabbis?