Learning Goal: I’m working on a management question and need the explanation and answer to help me learn.
This assignment includes 2 sections:
- Case study
Read carefully case No 8 from your textbook (entitled iRobot: Finding the Right Market Mix?) and answer the following questions: (1 mark each question)
- Draw the SWOT matrix of the iRobot company.
- What is the competitive strategy used by iRobot company?
- Use the five forces of the M. Porter matrix to describe the robot-based product industry.
- Describe the different functional strategies of the iRobot company.
- Describe the relationship of iRobot with its primary stakeholders.
- Describe the core competency and the outsourcing strategy of iRobot.
- What kind of strategic alliance is used by iRobot? Why does iRobot choose it?
- What are the main challenges that iRobot faces?
- Assess the competitive advantage of iRobot in its market.
- Recommend solutions for iRobot to improve its competitive advantage.
From real national/international market, select any type of strategic alliance between two firms and answer the following questions: (1 mark each question)
- Briefly introduce your chosen firms, partners of the strategic alliance (industry, nationality, size, market position). Max 150 words
- What is the type of strategic alliance used by your chosen firms? Explain its different reasons.
- What is the method used by the firms to manage their cultures after the alliance? underline the pros and cons of this method.
- Is this strategic alliance successful? Justify.
- What recommendations can you provide to the managers of these firms to improve their competitiveness?
- Use at least 4 references for your answers to section II.
- All references used should be listed by the end of your analysis, using the APA style.