Learning Goal: I’m working on a nursing multi-part question and need the explanation and answer to help me learn.
The next steps in the evidence-based practice (EBP) process includes implementing and translating the intervention chosen in the
PICOT question (Week 1) into the clinical setting. Pilot projects are often used before implementing a change into an entire
organization. Discuss the following questions related to implementing the chosen PICOT intervention as if a pilot project were being
facilitated by the masters prepared nurse:
1. Briefly explain the problem and the PICOT question and the intervention; PICOT: In reducing post-operative pain during the perioperative and recovery period in adult patients who have total hip replacements, how helpful is pain medication in comparison to aerobic stretching 7 days post op?
2. Describe the pilot project for the chosen intervention and include:
a. Explain the who, what, where when and how of the pilot project
b. Describe a specific model or framework of change that will be used to facilitate the implementation of the intervention.
3. Describe the stakeholders and their roles in the pilot project.
4. Propose two (2) strategies that would promote engagement of the stakeholders in the pilot project.
5. Discuss a specific practice guideline that supports the intervention.
6. Identify major organizational resources needed for the pilot project.
7. Discuss how the outcome of the intervention will be measured.
8. The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, 5 to 6 pages excluding the title and reference page.
9. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
10. Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
11. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use we or I) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: I, we,
you, me, our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
12. Include a minimum of four (4) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich
Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
13. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).