“Attend” one of the Ivy Tech virtual or in person programming events that can be found on MyIvy’s College Calendar. Or, find a museum offering a free virtual tour or community resource offering a free workshop to “attend” virtually or in person.
- Describe the event you “attended.”
Part 2: In 350-500 words, answer the following questions:
How were you increasing your interdependence when you participated in this event (use ch. 5 to research this term, if you are not already familiar with it)?
- How did it feel to be a part of a “new” community, even though it’s virtual?
- Using the descriptions in ch. 5, explain how you are more independent, dependent, codependent or interdependent?
- What can you do to become more interdependent?
- What are your next three steps in actively pursuing a support network?
- How can participating in events like these or using resources on campus (such as the ones explained in ch. 5 under the “Get Help from College Resources” section) help develop support system?
- Discuss how getting involved and making connections now could lead to future networking or potential career opportunities.