Using our previous rent roll example, the agency would need to ask these questions in a
cost benefit analysis.
• What are the costs of transferring the rent roll? How long it will take to negotiate a
• What are the financial benefits? Will they cover my time in the future? Will this
detract from other key activities?
• Does the existing client base make a profit for the competitor currently? Is it
possible to increase this?
• What percentage of the rental listings can realistically be expected to become
sales opportunities? How many current rental property owners are likely to
purchase more property through the agency?
• If I need to take on more staff, will the anticipated profits cover the extra