1. How is public health informatics related to medical and consumer health informatics? How is it uniquely different?
2. What are three different types of health conditions or events for which data are routinely collected and analyzed by public health agencies using informatics approaches?
3. What is the relationship between informatics and public health surveillance?
4. What are the informatics-related challenges involved in ensuring high-quality data are collected and maintained in public health data systems?
5. Why are the legal and ethical aspects of public health information systems so important?
6. How has informatics led to improvements in data analysis and visualization?
7. How do individual, social, and organizational factors influence decisions to adopt or reject information technology?