1. What, according to Carnegie, is the “duty of the man of wealth?”
2. How, in Carnegie’s mind have the conditions of human life changed over the past century? What, in his argument, is the central difference in ways of life?
3. What arguments does Carnegie make about socialism and communism? Why does he find them impracticable?
4. What, according to Carnegie, are the three ways one might use surplus wealth? What arguments does he make against the first two avenues?
5. What does Carnegie say of estate taxes below?