Learning Goal: I’m working on a finance case study and need support to help me learn.
These Companies are in the Public Utilities Field:
There are several companies in the public utilities field that provide essential services such as electricity, water, gas, and telecommunications. Here are some well-known companies in this sector:
1. : An Italian multinational energy company that operates in the electricity and gas sectors.
2. National Grid: A multinational electricity and gas utility company based in the United Kingdom and the United States.
3. EDF (lectricit de France): A French electric utility company, one of the worlds largest producers of electricity.
4. Duke Energy: An American electric power holding company that provides electricity to over 7.8 million customers in the U.S.
5. Southern Company: An American gas and electric utility holding company serving customers in the southern United States.
6. American Water Works Company: The largest publicly traded water and wastewater utility company in the United States.
7. Veolia Environnement: A French transnational company that specializes in water, waste, and energy management services.
8. Dominion Energy: An American power and energy company that provides electricity and natural gas to customers in multiple states.
9. Sempra Energy: A Fortune 500 energy infrastructure company based in the United States, operating natural gas and electric utilities.
10. NextEra Energy: An American clean energy company that is the worlds largest utility company by market capitalization.
Please note that this list is not exhaustive, and there are many other public utilities companies operating globally and in specific regions or countries.