response to the two part discussion questions:
- What signs and symptoms of a mental health crisis is the person exhibiting?
- What would your initial response be to the person in the case study?
- What non-clinical intervention would you implement to help the person manage the crisis, and why?
- What is one ethical and/or legal consideration you would make when responding, and why
- What is vicarious trauma? What are three signs/symptoms of vicarious trauma?
- How might working with children and adolescents who are experiencing mental health crises increase your risk of vicarious trauma? Provide an example.
- What are two self-care strategies that you would adopt to prevent vicarious trauma when working with children and adolescents experiencing mental health crises?