Learning Goal: I’m working on a writing question and need a sample draft to help me learn.
BIBLIOGRAPHY AND ESSAY abstract
no word count for bibliography. Essay abstract to be between 250-400 word
DESCRIPTION OF TASK
Stage One: After you have chosen your question from below, you will compile a bibliography that will be handed in before you actually start writing the essay.
You will also submit a 250-400 word abstract for your essay
Remember to state the question you are answering at the beginning of your assignment.
1. Evaluate how the key concept of kyriarchy OR white patriarchal sovereignty can enhance intersectional approaches for combatting oppression (use two or more social movements to illustrate your answer)
2. Outline some of the problems encountered when undertaking intersectional work in a particular site (eg. Activism, policy, workplace equity, political representation) and offer possible directions for dealing with the issues you identify.
The Politics of Democracy and the Public/Private Distinction
3. Examine how technological and cultural changes of the Web and other networked communications media have altered political engagement and activism over a particular issue of social movement.. Use examples to illustrate your points and assess the extent to which such changes offer new strategies for organising emancipatory politics.
4. Based on course readings and research, attempt your own working definition of the public sphere. How significant are constructions of a public sphere and counter publics to oppressed social groups contesting democratic inclusion and participation?
5. Examine two contrasting case studies where the private/public distinction has called for a renegotiation of the political.
The Democratic Subject: Equality. Injury and Identity politics
6. Evaluate the ideal of democracy as a form of governance through a thinker of your choice (eg. Plato, Aristotle, Mill, Nietzsche, Arendt, Brown). How well does their assessment stand regarding the status of minority and marginalised social groups in terms of your understanding of democracy today? (use a specific marginalised group to illustrate your answer)
7. Describe and evaluate Wendy Browns reconsideration of Nietzsches ressentiment as breeding a politics of wounded attachments in the emancipatory projects of identity movements. Use examples to illustrate your answer.