Please review the rubric and all the instructions provided for this order. This is very important. I have added 2 sample SOAP NOTEs to guide you complete the order.
Writing a SOAP Note
Writing a SOAP note is an important role of a Nurse Practitioner. This assignment will help introduce you to the different components of a SOAP note and the steps to write an effective one.
Upon successful completion of this assignment, you will be able to:
• Translate assessment and diagnostic findings to appropriate documentation at the advanced practice level.
1. Review the checklist to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
2. Review the following resources:
. Assigned readings and lecture
a. SOAP Format Tips Sheet(Word document)
b. Sample SOAP Notes(Word document)
3. Write a focused SOAP Note for the following case:
. *A 25-year-old female patient comes into the clinic with complaints of a sore throat for the past 5 days.
a. You get to create the rest of the case using the SOAP note format and must include the following items: CC, HPI using OLDCARTS, PMH, Social History, Medications, ROS, Vitals, Physical Exam, Assessment (with 3 Differentials listed from most likely to least likely with rationale), and Plan
b. Remember, this is a focused SOAP Note (see Sample SOAP Note) link
c. You will create an assessment and plan that is relevant to the case you create.
4. This assignment is due by Day 7 of the workshop.