Learning Goal: I’m working on a statistics project and need the explanation and answer to help me learn.
Submit only 1 report of your work in 2 formats: Microsoft Word, and PDF. Do not send more than one email.
The data set provided is the house prices for two University towns in the US: College Station & Amherst. Using descriptive Statistics (charts, tables, ) describe the different variables available in this dataset.
- Compare each variable between the towns.
- Find a model that best predicts the sale price of a house in each of these two towns.
- Use goodness-to-fit measures to find the appropriate explanatory variables for each city.
- Are the best models different for each town?
- Compare the house prices in these towns and describe your models.
- Use descriptive statistics to communicate well your findings.
By using the quantitative methods and formulas you have learned in this class, and doing the calculations manually, you’ll be able to respond to these questions.
You are also free to use any software package that helps you save some time. This is not a group project and shared works won’t get any points.